Appreciation is received by the soul like rain after a drought! It is so life-giving. Appreciation is also a significant motivator. Much in life is taken for granted. A simple thank you or acknowledgement goes a long way to encourage a weary heart. What do you appreciate about the people around you?
Think of 3 things you have taken for granted today and say thank you. It can be really simple.
- Thanks for dinner. What a great meal!
- Thanks for filling the car with gas. I appreciate it.
- Thanks for doing the wash. This shirt smells so good.
- Wow, the kitchen looks so clean. I sure like the way you take care of things.
- You do an amazing job with the yard, thank you.
- You look good. I appreciate the way you take care of yourself.
- You are so patient. I sure appreciate it.
Proverb of Solomon: “The right word at the right time is like precious gold set in silver.” – Proverbs 25:11